About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
City Managers are the hosts for every program that enters their city. They ensure their infrastructure is ready, they organize experiences, and they’re the go-to for things to do or any issues that arise.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Ensure infrastructure is in place for each group
- Help coordinate booking of apartments/coworking for each group
- Ensure all apartments and coworking meet specified Remote Year criteria
- Organize and manage logistics for the group locally (pre-arrival)
- Check and prepare accommodations (clean, WiFi, welcome gifts)
- Purchase SIM cards for the group
- Organize transportation from airport to accommodations and coordinate check-in to accommodations
- Manage logistics for the group locally (arrival)
- Be the main point of contact for any issues with workspace or accommodations
- Spend most days in the coworking space with the group
- Coordinate check-out of accommodations and organize transportation to airport
- Network Building and Outreach
- You’ll be at the center of all things in your city. You’ll be in charge of the building, coordinating and fostering our city network and relationship building across multiple networks.
- Experience Delivery and Vendor Management
- With the help of our product team, you’ll design and execute local month-long programming to provide a platform for unique, locally immersive experiences in your city.
- You’ll work with local vendors daily managing and planning the budget for each and every monthly activity
- Team Support
- You’ll be the on-the-ground support for our Remote team and on deck to cover a range of team support day in and day out. You’ll be responsible for going above and beyond - holding Remotes and Staff weekly office hours, events and other operational support that will often require you to work on weekends
- Local from the city of Bali or have lived there for at least 2 years.
- Excellent English speaking ability and fluency in the native language is a must.
- Tourism experience preferred
- Local knowledge / contacts
- Detail oriented
- Experience using digital tools like Google docs, Slack, Email, and excel
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.