About the Role
City Managers are the heart and soul of Remote Year in their local cities. You're the welcoming host, the logistical rockstar, and the ultimate city insider. You ensure everything is in place for each incoming program, curate enriching experiences and become the point of contact for every question, every adventure, and every unexpected twist. Because trust us: there will always be!
- Community Building and Fostering: You'll be the glue that binds the Remote Year community in your city. Build vibrant connections, organize social events, and cultivate a network that thrives long after the program ends.
- Infrastructure and Logistics: Ensure apartments and coworking spaces meet our standards, handle pre-arrival logistics, check and prepare accommodations, organize airport transfers and take care of all the minor details before arrival, during the month and after departure.
- Experience Delivery and Vendor Management: Design and execute immersive local programming alongside our product team, manage vendor relationships, and plan monthly activities within budget.
- Team Support: Be the on-the-ground champion for our Remote team, holding staff office hours, hosting events, and providing operational support with a smile (sometimes it will require working on weekends).
- Network Building and Outreach: Become a true city expert, build local partnerships, and cultivate relationships across your community.
- Local to Lisbon or have lived there for at least 2 years.
- Fluent in English and your native language.
- Tourism experience preferred, local knowledge a bonus.
- Detail-oriented with digital tool expertise (Google Docs, Slack, Email, Excel).
- Remote work experience and a knack for multitasking under pressure.
- Experience working in or advocating for inclusive environments that celebrate and respect difference
- Ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures with sensitivity and understanding
This is more than just a job; it's an opportunity to build a community, ignite experiences, and become an ambassador for your city. If you thrive on connection, logistics, and local adventures, we want you on our team!
About Remote Year
Remote Year is the leading global community-based travel platform that sparks boundless and borderless opportunities for growth and change through remote working and immersive local experiences. Since 2015, we have facilitated over 200 life-changing programs in 80+ destinations for over 5,000 individuals, and we are proud of our Excellent (4.6) Trustpilot rating.
We believe in the transformative power of travel, and empower people to unleash their human potential as they live, work, learn, and grow in the world’s most inspiring destinations on our 1-month trips or our 4-month and 12-month journeys.
We are pioneers in remote working, and as a fully remote and virtual company, we believe that travel and remote work lead to innovation, exploration, and personal and professional growth.
Why work with us?
- You will join an exciting, diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote" and delivering an incredible experience
- You will be part of a team committed to personal and professional development
- You will have an impact on shaping our future products
- Each and every day is guaranteed to be different, bringing new excitement, opportunities and challenges
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.