About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
We're looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team to design our front end visuals and help us ensure a great user experience and interaction with our website.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with our marketing and sales teams, you'll be the mastermind behind creating the visual elements that demonstrate our visual brand identity but also support our efforts in towards specific growth goals
- Own the visual brand / identity of RY
- Create all visual design assets for Remote Year, including website, emails, social media, and more
- Own the creation of designing compelling visual content to support marketing and sales needs that strategically convey the appropriate messaging (including downloadable content, advertisements, case studies, e-books, etc.); execute org-wide graphic design requests
- Research best practices from competition and other brands to ensure we are always best-practice
- Suggest and help manage A/B tests to improve performance of the design assets
- Create mockups/wireframes of the website and user experience
- Create and update the website roadmaps
- Conduct usability tests and report findings and bugs.
- In charge of troubleshooting and QA
- 4+ years of professional experience in product UI/UX Design
- Industry experience in travel and hospitality is preferred
- Excellent organization, verbal and written skills
- Experience using design tools (Adobe, Illustrator, Jira, Asana, Figma, Miro, Mural, InVision).
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.