About Remote Year
Remote Year is the leading global community-based travel platform that sparks boundless and borderless opportunities for growth and change through remote working and immersive local experiences. Since 2015, we have facilitated over 100 life-changing programs in 40+ destinations for over 5,000 individuals, and we are proud of our Excellent (4.6) Trustpilot rating.
We believe in the transformative power of travel, and empower people to unleash their human potential as they live, work, learn, and grow in the world’s most inspiring destinations on our 1-month trips or our 4-month and 12-month journeys.
We are pioneers in remote working, and as a fully remote and virtual company, we believe that travel and remote work lead to innovation, exploration, and personal and professional growth.
Why work with us?
- You will join an exciting, diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote" and delivering an incredible experience
- You will get to travel for a living
- You will have an impact on shaping our future products
- Each and every day is guaranteed to be different, bringing new excitement, opportunities and challenges
About the Role
City Managers are the hosts for every program that enters their city. They ensure their infrastructure is ready, they organize experiences, and they’re the go-to for things to do or any issues that arise.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Ensure infrastructure is in place for each group
- Help coordinate booking of apartments/coworking for each group
- Ensure all apartments and coworking meet specified Remote Year criteria
- Organize and manage logistics for the group locally (pre-arrival)
- Check and prepare accommodations (clean, WiFi, welcome gifts)
- Purchase SIM cards for the group
- Organize transportation from airport to accommodations and coordinate check-in to accommodations
- Manage logistics for the group locally (arrival)
- Be the main point of contact for any issues with workspace or accommodations
- Spend most days in the coworking space with the group
- Coordinate check-out of accommodations and organize transportation to airport
- Network Building and Outreach
- You’ll be at the center of all things in your city. You’ll be in charge of the building, coordinating and fostering our city network and relationship building across multiple networks.
- Experience Delivery and Vendor Management
- With the help of our product team, you’ll design and execute local month-long programming to provide a platform for unique, locally immersive experiences in your city.
- You’ll work with local vendors daily managing and planning the budget for each and every monthly activity
- Team Support
- You’ll be the on-the-ground support for our Remote team and on deck to cover a range of team support day in and day out. You’ll be responsible for going above and beyond - holding Remotes and Staff weekly office hours, events and other operational support that will often require you to work on weekends
- Local from the city of Osaka or have lived there for at least 2 years.
- Excellent English speaking ability and fluency in the native language is a must.
- Tourism experience preferred
- Local knowledge / contacts
- Detail oriented
- Experience using digital tools like Google docs, Slack, Email, and excel
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.