About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the world is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
Remote Year’s Content Studio is searching for a Visual Designer to help drive Remote Year’s brand story and go-to market creative campaigns reporting to the Head of Content.
As the leading Visual Designer, you will help shape the way Remote Year communicates to its global audiences across all our digital and offline channels, inspiring ways to drive awareness, engagement and demand.
You will be responsible across all marketing channels, including brand campaigns, product launches and Go-To-Markets. Working closely with the Head of Content, VP of Brand & Product as well as Commercial, Customer Success and all other teams.
You will have a consistent record of delivering highly effective marketing campaigns with cross functional teams.
Flexible Work schedule - We are a fully remote company.
- Work closely with the Content team to scale and amplify the Remote Year brand in new ways across all marketing touchpoints to support a consistent brand narrative
- Own the visual brand / identity of RY, adhering to brand guidelines
- Concept - Collaborate with our Content team to brainstorm, concept, and provide art direction for all visual storytelling
- Partner with our copywriters to shape the brand personality of Remote Year
- Design - Own the creation and design of compelling all visual content to support marketing and sales needs that strategically convey the appropriate messaging assets for Remote Year
- Including website, emails, social media (Facebook/Instagram, Linked In, Twitter), digital (paid advertising), downloadable content, advertisements, case studies, B2B and Sales materials; Execute org-wide graphic design requests
- Support our UI/UX Designer where relevant to design landing pages for the Remote Year website
- Research - Be a strategic leader in analyzing best practices from competition and other brands to ensure we are always innovative in our storytelling
- 3-5 years of professional experience in relevant work experience on a communication/brand design team, either on an in-house product-oriented team or part of an agency
- Strong desire to collaborate with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Ability to brainstorm and see an idea through from concept to launch, with support of the team
- Receptive to feedback and a strong attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required
- Industry experience in travel and hospitality is preferred
- Photography, video, animation, and image retouching skills are a bonus
- Excellent organization, verbal and written skills
- Experience using design tools (Adobe, Illustrator, Canva).
- Experience working remotely - must overlap with EST times zones
Who You Are:
- Creative - You apply creativity in everything that you do. You think outside the box in the day to day and especially, when it comes to creating designs and user interactions.
- Nimble - We need someone proven in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment who can handle multiple projects with stakeholders spanning the entire organization
- Solution Oriented – We embrace a bias for action, and need someone who will be proactive in leading this team and strategy to the next level without being told to go
- Data-Driven Design Thinker – We need a leader with an analytical mindset combined with a flair for storytelling and an empathy for the customer
- Organized – We rely on great time management skills and the ability to stay connected and productive in a distributed work environment
- Collaborative - We need someone with a proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse, cross-functional teams
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.