Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to spend either 4 or 12 months together working, traveling, and exploring cities around the world. Programs spend one month in each location, connecting with local cultures and business ecosystems, while forming lifelong, personal and professional relationships along the way. Together we will shape the future of work.
The Marketing Team at Remote Year is seeking a Content Marketing Manager. A successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing Remote Year’s content marketing strategy in alignment with our brand promise, marketing, and business objectives. You will lead the content team narrative across B2B partners, consumers, and global markets. This role works collaboratively and remotely across a distributive teams, external partners and within the marketing team to build out executable brand and content strategies that engage and guide target audiences throughout the buying journey from brand awareness to advocacy Our Content Marketing Manager is accountable for leading Remote Year’s content strategy best practices and building out content lifecycle management, and growing a team responsible for monitoring, measuring and improving the health of our entire content ecosystem.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a comprehensive strategy and oversee the operational plan for advancing our newly grown content marketing function, creating transparent communicative visibility across the team
- People manage a remote and distributed content and community team of four.
- Serve as our creative lead to all major marketing initiatives, establishing plans and overseeing content development that advances business objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of Remote Year’s vision, mission, strategy, and marketing portfolio, as well as competitive and market dynamics to inform content strategy, strategic messaging, program integration, and distribution.
- Work across teams for institutional knowledge marketing teams and executives to identify interesting storylines and produce data-driven insights and content.
- Develop content distribution and engagement strategies, working cross-functionally to integrate key messaging into campaigns and programs across the customer journey.
- Define, socialize, and optimize content related processes and supporting toolsets.
- Define and measure content KPIs to drive continuous optimization/
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in related field; MBA or graduate degree a plus.
- Previous track record of building, managing, and leading marketing, content, or editorial teams.
- 5+ years marketing experience with a focus on content and communications.
- An experienced storyteller with excellent communication skills and impressive writing abilities.
- Proven experience with multiple aspects of content marketing, including personas/profiles, buyer’s journey, SEO, social integration, conversion optimization, paid promotions, tools, and metrics.
- Extensive experience in current digital technologies, including Web content management, content marketing software, Web analytics and social media platforms
- Discipline to build process, frameworks, and metrics + effectively implement and communicate them cross-functionally
- Ability to organize, analyze and report on data from multiple systems.