About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote. Like on our programs, the world is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
The Community Manager serves as the face of Remote Year to our customers (the Remote Nation) on our internal digital community communication platform and at online and offline RY events. The Community Manager will oversee strategy, communications, event management, and content creation.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Design and implement a communication and engagement strategy for the Remote Year community (“Nation”)
- Provide engaging written, image, and video content for Remote Year’s digital community platform
- Build relationships & respond to customers in a timely manner
- Monitor, track, and report on customer feedback, social sentiment, and trends
- Design and organize events to boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Brand, Content, Social, Commercial, Product, and Delivery teams
- Stay-up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Demonstrated work experience as a community manager or similar role for 5+ years
- Extensive experience in planning and leading community-building initiatives, culture and engagement
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Hands on experience with community digital platforms and/or social media management
- Ability to interpret online traffic and engagement
- Knowledge of online marketing
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Entrepreneurship experience preferred
- Experience working remotely on a globally distributed team