Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to spend either 4, 6 or 12 months together working, traveling, and exploring cities around the world. Programs spend one month in each location, connecting with local cultures and business ecosystems, while forming lifelong, personal and professional relationships along the way. Together we will shape the future of work.
Operations Manager Role Description
City Operations Managers are ultimately responsible for the setup and logistics of a city. They are the main point of contact for any logistical questions or issues and should work in tandem with the City Experience Manager.
- Ensure infrastructure is in place for each group
- Help coordinate booking of apartments/coworking for each group
- Ensure all apartments and coworking meet specified Remote Year criteria
- Organize and manage logistics for the group locally (pre-arrival)
- Check and prepare accommodations
- Purchase SIM cards for the group
- Organize transportation from airport to accommodations and coordinate check-in to accommodations
- Manage logistics for the group locally (arrival)
- Serve as the main point of contact for any issues with workspace or accommodations
- Spend many days in the coworking space with the group
- Coordinate check-out of accommodations and organize transportation to airport
- Work in tandem and support the City Experience Manager
- Support the group throughout for their workspace, accommodations, and other needs
- Track and adhere to budgets set by the Regional Director
- Our Operations Manager's role doesn’t work normal business hours. You’ll work at least two weekends per month, and often in the evenings.
- The role comes with a new group of incredible Remotes every month. But at the end of the month, those incredible humans will leave, and you’ll start over again. It’s the experience of a lifetime, but it can be emotionally taxing.
- This is not a traveling role. You'll be standing in one place while Remotes are constantly moving.
- You’ll have video calls at weird hours. We have a global workforce working on many different time zones.
- English speaking, as English is first/second language for most.
- Should be from Lima or have lived there for at least 2 years
- Excellent English speaking ability
- Tourism experience preferred
- Local knowledge / contacts
- Detail oriented
- Experience using digital tools like Google Docs, Slack, Email, Excel
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.