Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to spend either 4 or 12 months together working, traveling, and exploring cities around the world. Programs spend one month in each location, connecting with local cultures and business ecosystems, while forming lifelong, personal and professional relationships along the way. Together we will shape the future of work.
Remote Year’s Marketing team is searching for our next Content Copy Editor. Equal parts brand storyteller and conceptual thinker, our Content Copy Editor will manage the delivery of Remote Year’s content and brand messaging. In this role you will edit all copy for our big creative ideas via our website, advertising, videos, blog posts, packaging, email and social media. The Content Copy Editor will use their extensive writing and editing skills to shape content and work across our marketing team to nail the structure, voice, and tone of our internal and external messaging. For this role you need to be a team player and able to drive our creative process quickly, often times with minimal direction while being excited about the opportunity to make tremendous impact.
What You’ll Do:
- Editing & Reviewing Be a final reviewer, proofreader and editor of all marketing and sales content creation to ensure all copy accurately represents our brand and aligns with intended messaging in support of marketing and sales goals; ensure content, format, style and design elements are consistent and correct; checks facts against source material, doing independent research as needed.
- Brand Steward Strengthen our brand & voice by ensuring that all external copy is within our brand guidelines; bring a deep understanding of our Remotes (customers) and be able to put yourself in the mind of their experience --creating incredible, fun, aspirational, and relevant content.
- Collaborate Work with product marketing and other functions of our Marketing team to help define messaging for our RY brand and products, website, emails, advertising, blog posts and other customer touchpoints.
- Communication Demonstrate excellent communication skills, leadership and judgment; be accountable to ensure deadlines are met
What You Bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, communication, or another humanities field
- At least two years work experience in copy editing, proofreading, or other editorial roles.
- Experiencing editing copy in support of marketing and sales teams
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills (experience as a writer preferred)
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment on a fast-growing team.