About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
We're looking for a Data & Insights Director to drive key Remote Year growth decisions through data, analytics, and insights. Reporting to our President, you will own our data analytics stack, and also be responsible for constantly answering critical questions that will drive growth and help Remote Year succeed. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, is very up to date with the latest trends in data analytics, and can thrive in a fast-changing startup culture where cross-functional collaboration is paramount.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Help to prioritize the most important questions to answer to drive Remote Year’s growth
- Participate in the department goal-setting and ongoing performance tracking.
- Act as a coach and mentor to the team
- Define Remote Year’s Data collection and management strategy
- Set up data capture across Hubspot, Google, Facebook, and other sources to ensure we have the raw data needed for internal stakeholders
- Set up visualization tooling for internal stakeholders to have access to the data directly
- Enforce data quality standards and troubleshoot data validation, identifying issues and seeing them to resolution
- Ensure data collection compliance
- Set up executive level reports and dashboards for org-wide visibility
- Work with all teams at Remote Year to define reporting objectives
- Put together data analysis documents and presentations to answer key questions, driving all the way toward a recommendation with the information
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
- 5+ working with data and analytics, including statistical knowledge
- An expert within the Tech ecosystem (Hubspot, Microsoft Suite, CRMs, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics)
- Experience developing and driving the reporting strategy of digitally-focussed marketing campaigns
- Experience presenting and interpreting content insights, especially to non-researchers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to tell a story using data
- Significant attention to detail, particularly when navigating numerous data sources
- Demonstrates strong strategic planning skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying objectives
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.