About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
Remote Year’s Sales team is searching for experienced consumer sales representatives, who we call Sales Ambassadors, to match potential participants with the right Remote Year itinerary and community. Our Sales Ambassadors act as the face of Remote Year to our customers, they are responsible for filling each community we launch. You will readily bring your drive, empathy, and consultative sales skills to this role. Ideally, you love being coached to succeed and working with your teammates to surpass all of your goals. Remote Year is a start up, so you’ll need to thrive in fast-moving environments and be open to changing priorities.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Consistently achieve weekly and monthly sales goals
- Deploy our sales process, best practices, systems, and deep product knowledge you lead our customers through a consultative sales process
- Achieve daily and weekly activity expectations - proactively reach out to all leads to ensure you are getting the most value out of your pipeline
- Build strong relationships through clear honest communication with both our customers and the Customer Success Team
- Actively collect data on your performance to grow. Using Hubspot, you track every lead in your pipeline and know immediately which leads to prioritize
- Provide feedback on the sales process to enable us to grow as a team
- Undergo extensive sales development and coaching to perfect your performance at any point in the conversion process
- Use all of the sales tools given to you and provide consistent feedback to your managers on process functionality
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in consumer sales
- Experience with Hubspot or another CRM
- Ability to perform at a high level, in a fast pace startup work environment
- Experience selling with a fully distributed / remote team
- Experience in an inbound or outbound sales environment
- Amazing communication skills and willingness to accept constructive feedback
- A coachable and adaptable mindset
- Experience in a fast-paced or start-up environment
- Industry experience in travel and hospitality is preferred
- Excellent organization, verbal and written skills
- Strong computer skills (CRM, Automated Marketing tools, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience working remotely
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English
- Ability to work in a group environment as well as independently
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.