About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
We're looking for a master content creator and amazing storyteller ready to be the voice of Remote Year and serve the company and the broader remote work and travel movement. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will own Remote Year’s content strategies to fuel the growth of our customer base. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, applies creativity in their day to day, lives and breathes content and can thrive in a fast-changing startup culture where cross-functional collaboration is paramount.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Lead and participate in all relevant Marketing team calls.
- Participate in the department goal-setting and ongoing performance tracking.
- Support in the hiring and training of the content team.
- Act as a coach and mentor to the team
- Provide editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all organization collateral, and ensure Remote Year’s marketing, social media, PR, content development and communications efforts are effectively supporting our emerging brand and broader corporate goals.
- Responsible behind the strategy and managing the content creation in all of Remote Year’s channels
- Responsible for further defining the voice of Remote Year and making sure this stays consistent throughout all of our channels
- Test new strategies and prepared to measure the performance of these
- Create creative campaigns that permeate all channels
- Engage the Remote Year community and tell their stories and experiences when doing remote year.
- 5+ years of well-rounded marketing experience, working with consumer-facing brands that have a passionate end-user
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a marketing teams
- Extensive experience in content creation (visual, copy, audio, video)
- Experience strategizing and launching very successful and creative campaigns
- Excellent communication skills, with a solid knowledge of English grammar and the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing.
- Entrepreneurship experience preferred
- Experience working remotely and managing a globally distributed team
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.