Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to spend either 4 or 12 months together working, traveling, and exploring cities around the world. Programs spend one month in each location, connecting with local cultures and business ecosystems, while forming lifelong, personal and professional relationships along the way. Together we will shape the future of work.
The Leadership team at Remote Year is searching for a data-driven experienced Vice President (VP) of Marketing to direct and oversee our Marketing team. The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of consumer mindsets and is dedicated to crafting great customer experiences. Your track record includes successfully scaling marketing strategy for brand driven consumer products. Above all, you believe in solidifying the relationship between a strong brand and its consumers. Getting in the trenches with our Sales team excites you because you look forward to ensuring our Marketing efforts directly contribute to Remote Year’s business strategy and long-term brand vision. Our VP of Marketing will report directly to the COO.
- Growth Strategy - Develop and oversee a cohesive growth engine from awareness to sale including; brand, content, lead generation, lead nurturing, and analytics of our entire sales funnel, enabling as many Remotes as possible to travel while working remotely for a year.
- Data-Driven Decision Making - build a data-driven process to capture the growth of our business and drives our marketing and sales strategy. Measure the analytics of our funnel; use that data to make decisions and communicate among Leadership and our team, on how we optimize and broaden Remote Year’s customer base.
- Define Marketing KPIs - create dashboards; share and explain the progress between Marketing goals and our Sales funnels with the Leadership teams and the company.
- Collaboration - work strategically with Leadership and important stakeholders across Remote Year to ensure brand alignment,especially within the sales and program placement teams, to better understand our customer needs, communicate to customers effectively, and launch new products.
- Brand & Content - You’ll lead the executive search for our Director of Brand and Content while working along leadership to successfully rollout our implementation strategy of the Remote Year Brand. You’ll provide leadership ensure ongoing alignment and use of brand across the organization to both further awareness of our mission and drive revenue.
- Coach & Develop - take your team of marketing professionals and a team of Brand Ambassadors to the next level by offering unparalleled guidance; use their strengths to successfully achieve business objectives and contribute directly to Remote Year’s growth.
- 10+ years of leadership experience as VP of Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior role within a higher priced consumer product (e.g. higher education).
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing strategy.
- Solid knowledge of both organic and paid lead generation strategies, including social, SEO, web analytics and Google Adwords, and other media channels.
- Experience managing awareness to lead as well as lead to sale funnel analytics using data to drive results; excellent analytical skills.
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketing Cloud a plus; has developed an effective tech stack.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; MBA or graduate degree a plus.