About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
We're looking for a Performance Marketing guru to develop a robust digital marketing strategy to serve the company and the broader remote work and travel movement. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will own Remote Year’s strategy around online campaigns, paid ads and email marketing.. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, is very up to date with the latest digital marketing channels and can thrive in a fast-changing startup culture where cross-functional collaboration is paramount.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Lead and participate in all relevant Marketing team calls.
- Manage the SEO, Email and Paid channels team, agencies and freelancers, globally distributed.
- Support in the hiring and training of the Digital Marketing team.
- Participate in the department goal-setting and ongoing performance tracking.
- Act as a coach and mentor to the team
- Manage the strategy across Facebook / Instagram, Google (SEM), LinkedIn, TikTok, and any other relevant channels for advertising to drive revenue
- Create an optimization and testing machine for copy, creative, audiences, etc. in partnership with the content team
- Evaluate performance constantly and relentlessly to improve our strategies
- Responsible for performance reporting on ads and ROI on campaigns.
- Manage the strategy for all email going out to our existing followers - including segments, frequency, templates, etc. in order to drive both engagement and revenue
- Create an optimization and testing machine for constant improvement
- Build SEO strategy for Remote Year
- Implement SEO strategy by working with the content team
- Knows how to set up sales funnels to get leads and nurture leads
- Coordinates content strategies with development team & content teams
- 5+ years of well-rounded digital marketing experience, working with paid ads, email marketing and analytics
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a marketing teams
- Excellent communication skills, with a solid knowledge of English and Spanish grammar and the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Entrepreneurship experience preferred
- Experience working remotely and managing a globally distributed team
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.