About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
Remote Year’s looking for a creative and analytical Product Manager to own Remote Year’s growth products including website and acquisition tools. The website today is the primary revenue generation engine for Remote Year, and this person would own the ultimate conversion of visitors to purchases.
We are looking for someone who will tenaciously optimize, experiment, and evaluate across the entire website experience. Working closely with a cross-functional squad of developers and designers, they will be responsible for managing the daily and weekly process, as well as liaising with technical, design, and commercial leadership.
Success in this role will be measured by clear, quantifiable KPIs based on conversion rates at different levels of the sales funnel.
- Identify opportunities for innovation, increased efficiencies, and outsized impact
- Work with stakeholders to define and prioritize product backlog and roadmap
- Break down backlog of needs into manageable user stories
- Developing a process for evaluating value and priority level of each user story, and assigning an effort level (story points)
- Develop a “Definition of Done” for tasks in each part of the process
- Measuring the success or failure of piece of work and report back to stakeholders
- Define and procure team tooling (workflow tools, process management tools, analytics tools, etc.)
- Analyze user behavior and data, identify new trends and take action accordingly.
- 2+ years of Product Management experience
- Strong Tech background
- Experience in commercial B2C & B2B products
- Experience setting up agile teams (Scrum / Kanban)
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong Analytical skills, knowing what questions to ask and where to find the data
Who You Are:
- Analytical - We need a data-driven decision-maker who can use analytical tools to find the data needed to back up product priorities
- Strategic - Identify low hanging fruit, quick wins with outsized impact but balance this with long term business initiatives
- Nimble - We need someone proven in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment who can handle multiple projects with stakeholders spanning the entire organization
- Organized – We rely on great time management skills and the ability to stay connected and productive in a distributed work environment
- Collaborative - We need someone with a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Creative - You are creative in every aspect of your job and are always looking for ways to think outside the box.
- Connected to our values - you care about travel, diversity, and experiential learning.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.