Remote Year is looking for a Video Producer and Editor to create compelling video content that effectively shares our brand story and supports our marketing and sales teams. You will be responsible for creating an overarching video content strategy to tell our stories for different purposes including to educate and excite consumer and corporate clients and to generate and nurture leads through video advertisements. We are looking to build video in as an integral creative component to our marketing and sales strategy. This role will manage multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates must have a proven record of taking stories from pitch to publish, and experience with all the hard and soft skills of production: idea generation, writing, professional communication, shooting, lighting, audio, set management, editing and color correction.
- Video Content Strategy You will have full ownership of video production working with a small team of creatives to develop and produce a video content strategy that supports our marketing and sales goals including facebook and other social media platform advertisements, explainer videos, website content and casual social media footage.
- Video Production You will lead all aspects of video production, optimizing content using analytics to maximize engagement for business results. You’re comfortable working effectively within tight deadlines to deliver on-time.
- Video Editing You will both do your own shooting and edit the video of the international network of freelancers that you will be working with.
- Recruit and Manage Freelancers You will work with a team of freelancers to collect footage from around the world, particularly in Remote Year cities, providing feedback and keeping them on schedule. You come with a wide network of shooters, but will own day to day editing and pitching of new ideas.
- Technology You will set the standards for video and photo editing and will select appropriate technology that will be used organization-wide.
- Brand Steward You will work closely with our Creative Director to ensure our video content is in line with our brand messaging. You’ll authentically share the Remote Year story through our video content.
- Adobe Premiere
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Proven ability to shoot video
- Demonstrated video editing experience with portfolio
- Strong understanding of best practices related to video for digital platforms
- Strong time management and organization skills to handle multiple projects at one time
- Manage project budgets and production timelines
- Provide insight into industry trends and best practices for video and visual storytelling
- Graphics experience is a plus
- Knowledge of budgeting project
- Excellent project management skills